Mmmmmmm. This has been a go-to in our house lately. A Fridge Dump Salad followed by this = the perfect dinner in! Are you sold yet? Here are the details if you’re on board with this easy, healthy, delicious meal 🙂
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half
- Coconut oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 large onion or 1/2 small onion, diced
- 5-7 mushrooms, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Want it spicy? Use chili powder and cayenne pepper
- Want it savory? Use sage, thyme, and rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375. Brush coconut oil on baking pan. Place squash face down on baking pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Cook ground beef, onions, and mushrooms in a frying pan until beef is cooked all the way through. Remove extra oil with a spoon. Add sea salt and pepper to beef mixture. Add spices or herbs of choice to taste.
- Remove squash from oven. Scoop out seeds and innards. Brush olive oil on squash and add sea salt to taste.
- Place beef mixture in squash. Serve and get your grub on! 🙂