I LOOOOOVE pickles. And my daughter Callie loves them even more than me.
I always hated how the store-bought brands contained so many unhealthy ingredients: preservatives, dyes, sugars, etc. After buying the expensive organic, local pickles for some time, I finally said that’s enough!
With our family putting away a jar of pickles easily in half a week, it was time for me to find and re-concoct a delicious, easy recipe that fit our taste buds perfectly. And this recipe is the winner! Hope you love them as much as we do.
- 2 lbs pickling cucumbers
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp dill
- 2 Tbsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 canning jars (1 qt each)
- Bring vinegar, water, salt, and pepper to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve salt.
- Divide cucumbers and dill between 2 jars.
- Pour hot brine into jars and cover with lids.
- Let cool, and then place in the fridge.
*good for up to 2 months
That’s it! Easy as that and so cheap! Instead of paying $6 for a local jar, I’m paying less than $2. Cheap, easy, healthy, and delicious. The perfect combination.